For one of our clients, We are looking for a: Legal Counsel Procurement and (IT-) contract law
This client is a leading European electricity transmission system operator (TSO) with its main activities in the Netherlands and Germany. With over 23,500 kilometers of high-voltage connections, we ensure a secure supply of electricity to 42 million end-users. We employ almost 5,000 people and have a turnover of EUR 4.1 billion. One of Europe's major investors in national and cross-border grid connections on land and at sea, bringing together the Northwest European energy markets and driving the energy transition. The energy transition is one of the most impactful challenges facing society and the energy supply. After a period of strong growth and as a key player in the energy market, also restructuring to be prepared for its pivotal role in the energy transition.
You will mainly advise purchasers and colleagues from the business on the tendering and contracting of IT hardware, software, and cloud solutions but also with regard to the procurement of other enabling units. You will often be part of a multidisciplinary project team.
As an in-house lawyer, you will provide broad legal advice, solicited and unsolicited. Your focus is among other things on:
- Supervising procurement processes and European tenders;
- Advising on contract law and procurement law;
- Drafting (English) agreements;
- Resolving disputes in the field of procurement law and general contract law
Advising buyers and other colleagues in relation to the tendering and contracting of (IT) supply and service contracts;
Drafting, judging, and negotiating contracts and other relevant documents;
Translating relevant developments in the field of national and international jurisdiction and regulations into consequences;
Contributing legal expertise to the testing and development of policy;
Collaborating with in-house lawyers in the Netherlands and Germany, for example in joint projects, but also with regard to the harmonization and standardization of documents and policies.
What do we expect from you?
- You have an academic working and thinking level and a completed study of Dutch law;
- You are a lawyer with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of procurement law and contract law. Experience with IT contracts is preferable;
- You have excellent knowledge of legislation and regulations, developments, and case law in the field of procurement law;
- You are creative, pro-active and have a practical attitude and good advisory skills, and a natural ability to convince;
- You are flexible, service-oriented, and know how to set priorities
- You have a good sense of humor and the ability to put things into perspective
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing.
What can you expect from us?
You will get an interesting and responsible function within a very professional and dynamic working environment.
This position is based in Arnhem and remote working (50/50%) is possible.