This client is a cooperative bank with over 8,5 million customers. Through large and small initiatives, the bank aims to make the world a little bit better. They support local enterprises and larger non-profit organizations and thus contribute to the welfare and prosperity of the community.
As a Team Lead Operations Control & Services/Reconciliations, you will lead a well-functioning and enthusiastic team responsible for the daily reconciliations and investigations processes to help ensure Operational Excellence for Operations Wholesale & Rural.
You and your job
You make sure that the daily processes run smoothly. In case of incidents, these are tackled by you and the team. You have a keen eye and attitude to identify and realize improvements not only within the processes of Operations Control and Services but also in the entire chain, from the local bank to the various Front Offices with the help of the Tribes. You can make a difference by leading and developing your operational team to improve and take an extra step to deliver excellent customer service every day.
Ensure that the daily processes around reconciliations are carried out in the correct and timely manner. You embrace the Operations Mantra. Doing the right thing, the right way, always.
• Consistently leading the team's performance in areas of the day-to-day business. Ensure that the team delivers daily reports and customer service timely and with excellent quality. Manage the day-to-day workload and escalate when necessary.
• Guarantee and improve the quality of service that we provide to the foreign branches and all stakeholders via efficient and effective collaboration.
Facts & Figures
• 40 hours per week;
• We perform more than 60 different processes daily;
• 9.5 million customers around the world;
• 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world.
Top 3 responsibilities
• You actively make sure that we are on track with all the tasks we need to perform to demonstrate that we are in control. This includes: all Control Self Assessments are performed in time, reviewed, and uploaded in the appropriate system (Archer). In addition, Process Walks, Way of Working, and Work instructions of the team are up to the standard of the road to integrated level each year;
• Provide reports, analysis, and KPI reports monthly;
• You actively seek and lead improvements for the processes within your team.
Operations Control & Investigations is responsible for overseeing timely and correct booking and settlement of Financial Markets and Corporate Banking Services transactions. We execute a wide range of reconciliations for the Rabobank Group worldwide and investigate the root causes of differences stemming from these reconciliations. The department has a well-established and strong position within Operations WR. The department focuses on managing a highly efficient process flow whilst managing and minimizing operational risks to ensure that excellent service is delivered to our clients.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. As a result, we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Wholesale and Rural, Operations Control, and Services/Reconciliations.
“We facilitate & perform reconciliations and investigations for core processes of Rabobank. As a connecting link in the landscape between the Front & Back office and Finance & Risk, we embrace change and use this to create, maintain and improve a safe and highly controlled banking environment. We embody control and use this to maintain and improve a safe and predictable Operations environment.”
Joyce Verschaeren, Head Operations Control & Services
Within Operations Control and Services/Reconciliations, 31 people are working together to reconcile the settlements and bookings of daily transactions with agent banks, counterparties, and custodians. In addition, reconcile internal trades as well as trades that were booked/executed via various internal systems. We are responsible for investigating the root causes of breaks and ensuring that these breaks are resolved by us or the relevant departments. In addition, we manage the incoming and outgoing claims from/to counterparties. Working together is the way we work; as 1 results-driven/problem-solving/focused/analytical/expert/Negotiating and Networking team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members, and partners, we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands, we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
• Bachelor/Master's degree or equivalent 3-5 years working experience in a similar environment;
• Leadership skills;
• Excellent Service Orientation;
• Financial reconciliation experience;
• Financial market knowledge (product and calculations);
• Knowledge of the Risk and Control Framework;
• Greenbelt Certificate or have the willingness to become certified in a timely manner;
• Continuous Improvement;
• Strong communication skills;
• Risk Awareness;
• Team player with flexible skills;
• Hands-on mentality;
• Decision making;
• Proactive attitude towards tackling issues and solving breaks;
• Strong numeracy/analytical skills.